Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Moving to Chicago

So on November 5 2012 we packed up our stuff into suitcases and moved to Chicago. I didn't get pictures of our actual trip, I don't know if I was still in denial that we were moving or if it was soooo crazy I didn't have time to pick up a camera, either way it was a crazy day. So we packed up 7 HUGE suitcases, a baby bed, a pack and play, a dog kennel, 4 carry on back packs and 4 children all in our tiny rental car to head to the airport. We were pretty much a 3 ring circus but we made it through. The kids did great on the flight until the last 20 minutes Charlotte screamed the entire time. Justin tried to calm her but all she wanted was her mom. Well I couldn't hold her because I was holding the baby and so there was no other choice then to let her scream! We finally landed and she wouldn't stay in her seat probably because we told her she had to but the flight attendant came up to Justin and told him he was being unsafe with her. I think at the time he would have thrown her out the window if he could have. Lucky we didn't get thrown off the plane!! :)
We then gathered all our stuff and made out way to the rental car place, got in our cars and drove to our apartment that was to be our home for almost 5 months!! It wasn't a bad apartment the only thing that made it hard was that I had to drive the kids to and from school everyday. It was 30 minutes one way!! Having Ezra in Kindergarten that meant I was making the trip 6 times a day!! Lucky for me the little girls didn't mind the car. Charlotte watched tv and Violet napped.

No comments: